Attached is the CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT APP LAUNCH information.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AMATHOLE DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY APPROVED ALL ITEMS ON ITS AGENDA ON FRIDAY, 29 APRIL 2022.
ADM HEADQUARTERS, EAST LONDON 29 APRIL 2022
Held at the Calgary Museum and Conference Centre which also doubles as its Council Chambers, , Amathole District Municipality Council approved all its agenda items that went for review at its ordinary sitting on Friday, 29 April 2022.
Among the items that were given the green light included:
- · Renovation of of ADM Buidlings in 40 Cambridge Street and Whelan Depot for office accommodation with occupation to be effective from January 2023
- · Irrecoverable Debt which includes domestic, business as well indigents to the tune of R1 218 421 238 to be written off in line with the ADM Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy
- · Signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between ADM and the Inland Five Forum (IFF) to support and promote quality service delivery and economic growth and development in the proposed areas of Adelaide and Bedford under Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality. IFF is a cluster of wind farms operating in the Bedford area which includes Nxuba Windfarm, Amakhala Emoyeni Windfarm, Golden Valley Windfarm and Nojoli Windfarm. As part of their social corporate investment responsibilities, contracted entities are mandated to stimulate socio-economic and enterprise development within a 50-kilometer radius of the wind farms they are operating by investing a percentage of their annual turnover for this purpose. To this end and owing to the water services challenges experienced by residents of Bedford, the IFF have decided to support ADM in seeking solutions to these difficulties. Due to the water supply systems of Bedford and Adelaide being linked, it was decided to include Adelaide in the initiative.
- · Tranfer of Dutywa and Willowvale Public Transport Facilities to the Mbhashe Local Municipality
- · The signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with UFH for a project to upgrade of the Alice water treatment work, reservoir capacity and associated bulk infrastructure and Waste Water Treatment Works with the university as the implementing agent.
- · 2020\2021 Audited Annual Report
· Council Approval for Amathole District Municipality to participate in a national housing programme in accordance with the rules applicable to such programme promoting a housing development project by a developer.
ADM Council further considered the 2021/2022 3rd quarter unaudited performance reports from directorates with a report on the February 2022 Institutional strategic planning session highlighting the resolutions and focus for this term.
It is worthy to indicate that council received the progress report on the implementation of the mandatory financial recovery plan.
For more information contact ADM Spokesperson Nonceba Madikizela-Vuso at 082 419 0161 or WhatsApp 083 516 9122
Issued by ADM Communications and Customer Care