- Cllr. Fumanekile Phumaphi | Budget and Treasury
- Cllr. Bandile Ketelo MMC for Special Programmes
- ADM Executive Mayor Cllr Nceba Ndikinda
- Cllr. Khanyile Maneli MMC for Community Services
- Cllr. Xhanti Mngxaso MMC for Spatial Planning and Economic Development.
Front Row L-R
- Cllr. Nomfesane Nyathela MMC responsible for Engineering andInfrastructure Service
- Cllr. Bukelwa Madikane MMC for Corporate and Human ResourceManagement
- Cllr. Nanziwe Rulashe MMC responsible for Strategic Management and Development
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ADM INAUGURATES IT'S NEW COUNCIL MEMBERS
ADM HEADQUARTERS –30 November 2021
The newly elected Amathole District Municipality council members were inaugurated at the Calgary Conference Center & Museum on 30 November 2021. The inauguration follows the Local Government elections results which were announced on 04 November 2021.
The council elected Cllr Nceba Ndikinda as ADM Executive Mayor, Cllr Nondumiso Mgidlana as Speaker, Cllr Nonceba Mfecane as Chief Whip and Cllr Ntsapho Sotshononda as Municipal Public Accounts Committee Chairperson (MPAC). According to Ndikinda, the council's aim is to foster a better municipality and continue with work done by the 4th Administration in pursuit of its long-term vision of “Building a Smart District” and “Bringing ADM Back to Its Former Glory”. "It is not a secret that today we inherit a politically motivated municipality which has navigated a lot of turbulences in the past five years'-said Ndikinda. Ndikinda further indicated that the recent elections campaign trail illuminated the service delivery challenges faced by the local municipalities.
"We must now respond to all the issues which were raised by our people across all our six local municipalities. These challenges relate to the supply of water and sanitation services in the face of a persistent drought and a relentless COVID 19 Pandemic. Ours is to ensure that we continue to increase access to reliable, affordable, and sustainable water services across the district" - he said.
In-addition, he said the leadership has a task to ensure implementation of sustainable water solutions which have been already identified by the 4th Administration. "We must continue with the implementation of our Municipal Turnaround Strategy and remain steadfast in building a culture of excellence through repositioning of brand ADM, organisational development and design, financial sustainable institution and building public confidence. I stand before you today, confident that we can achieve this and more"- said Ndikinda.
The District Development Model (DDM) according to Ndikinda wants to enhance joint and collaborative planning across all three spheres of government and strengthen intergovernmental relations and cooperation with many role players which include our local municipalities, neighbouring municipalities, provincial and national government, Institutions of higher learning, state owned enterprises, non-governmental institutions, business community and the religious fraternity as well as the two Kingdoms and the people of Amathole District.
He further introduced the members of his mayoral committee as follows:
- Cllr. Fumanekile Phumaphi is the MMC responsible for Budget and Treasury
- Cllr. Nomfesane Nyathela is the MMC responsible for Engineering and Infrastructure Services
- Cllr. Bukelwa Madikane is the MMC for Corporate and Human Resource Management
- Cllr. Nanziwe Rhulashe is the MMC responsible for Strategic Management and Development
- Cllr. Khanyile Maneli is the MMC for Community Services
- Cllr. Bandile Ketelo is the MMC for Special Programmes
- Cllr. Xhanti Mngxaso is the MMC for Spatial Planning and Economic Development.
Concluding his remarks, Ndikinda echoed the importance of a collective response to issues raised by communities.
For media enquiries contact ADM Spokesperson Nonceba Madikizela-Vuso at 082 419 0161 or WhatsApp 083 516 9122
Issued by ADM Communications and Customer Care Unit.
#SAVEWATER #SAVELIVES #USEWATERRESPONSIBLY