Executive Mayor Councillor Nomfusi Winnie Nxawe
Commitment towards selfless, excellent and sustainable service to all our communities.
The Amathole District Municipality, in its developmental mandate, is dedicated in contributing to:
Ensuring equal access to socio-economic opportunities.
Building the capacity of local municipalities within ADM’s area of jurisdiction.
Ascribe to a culture of accountability and clean governance.
Sound financial management.
Political and administrative interface to enhance good service delivery.
Contributing to the betterment of our communities through a participatory development process.
- Selflessness: In all our business activities we commit that corruption and unscrupulous business practices will be dealt-with decisively and objectively.
- Pro-poor: The poorest of the poor will be the main focal point for ADM’s business and service delivery.
- Responsiveness: We will continue to strive for improved turnaround time in the delivery of services and in dealing with our valuable customers.
- Transformative: We will make considerable strides to ensure that adequate capacity (skills and human capital) equates the mandate and business of ADM.
- Inclusivity: We will include all our stakeholders in our planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting in ensuring an integrated effort towards service delivery.
- Dignity and respect We will ensure that our service delivery restores human dignity and respect.
- Good work ethics We will be professional in our conduct and ascribe to the Batho Pele principles.
- Transparency Throughout our business operation we will ensure access to information and fairness to our stakeholders.
- Integrity We will constantly conduct ourselves with utmost integrity as councillors and officials of ADM
- Accountability We are committed in being held to account by our stakeholders and primary customers