Director: Mrs Akhona Tinta
The primary objective of the Dept is to:
- The Director is charged with the following functions:-
- - Planning, Monitoring and evaluation of municipal performance within ADM.
- - Local Municipal Support which mainly deals with the support provided to local Municipalities as per the mandate given to District municipalities.
- - Information Communication Technology and support to the departments.
- - Risk management as prescribed in the MFMA as a compliance issue.
- - Communications Services, both internal and external
- - Intergovernmental and International Relations and
- - Travel Desk for all organizational travelling and accommodation.
The Strategic Manager's Department is divided into the Units:
1. Information Management Unit
PURPOSE: TO PROVIDE INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES WHICH WILL STRATEGICALLY ASSIST ADM TO DELIVER ON ITS SET SERVICE DELIVERY TARGETS
1. Ensure connectivity of ADM users at all times by focusing on the following areas;
- high performance;
- increase service delivery of ADM to its greater customers; and
- support and maintain systems used by ADM departments.
2. Ensure IT systems work according to business requirements;
3. Ensure seamless integration of systems and platforms;
4. To lead delivery of IT systems and services according to industry best practices and government based procedures;
2. Municipal Support Unit
PURPOSE: TO RENDER MUNICIPAL SUPPORT TO LOCAL MUNICIPALITIES FUNCTIONS:
- The rendering of municipal support on Financial matters;
- The rendering of municipal support on Corporate Services matters;
- Providing support to local municipalities on Land and Human settlement matters;
- The rendering of municipal support on technical (Engineering) matters;
- The administration of Planning and Implementation Management Support Systems (PIMSS) to local municipalities
- Providing support on Information Technology needs within the local municipalities.
3. Communication Unit
- Ensuring a 2-way flow of information between ADM and communities; to promote ADM’s programmes as reflected in its IDB/Budget; to convey to management the perceptions, needs and attitudes of communities;
- To inform management of best communications practice;
- Crisis communications and reputation management;
- Communications research and environmental analyses.
- Development of communication strategies and policies;
- Media liaison;
- Community/public participation;
- Customer Care;
- Marketing the institution as a tourism/heritage and investment destination;
- Website Development and Content management.
- Providing communication support to ADM Dept, LMs and other government spheres.
4. Planning Monitoring & Evaluation Unit
PURPOSE: TO SUPPORT, MANAGE AND DIRECT THE DEVELOPMENT AND EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT PLAN AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF ADM.
- Coordinate the development and review of the Integrated Development Plan;
- Coordinate the development and review of the Performance Management Framework ;
- Coordinate the development the of the Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan;
- Coordinate the development of the Annual Report;
- Coordinate Sector Plan development and review;
- Ensure IDP, Budget and SDBIP alignment;
- Ensure vertical and horizontal alignment of development planning;
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of performance, quarterly and annually;
- Ensure compliance with IDP and PMS relevant legal requirements.