The primary objective of the Dept is to:
- The facilitation of the development of IDP and management of performance information
- The management of Information Systems and IT infrastructrue
- The rendering of Municipal Support Services to Category B Municipalities.
- The planning and coordination of risk management within the municipality
Contact Information About the Department
- Director : Mr R.R. Links
- Portfolio Head:
- General Manager:
- Contact Numbers(s):
1. Information Management Unit
PURPOSE: TO PROVIDE INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES WHICH WILL STRATEGICALLY ASSIST ADM TO DELIVER ON ITS SET SERVICE DELIVERY TARGETS
1. Ensure connectivity of ADM users at all times by focusing on the following areas;
c. high performance,
d. increase service delivery of ADM to its greater customers.
e. Support and maintain systems used by ADM departments;
2. Ensure IT systems work according to business requirements;
3. Ensure seamless integration of systems and platforms;
4. To lead delivery of IT systems and services according to industry best practices and government based procedures;
2. Municipal Support Unit
PURPOSE: TO RENDER MUNICIPAL SUPPORT TO LOCAL MUNICIPALITIES
- The rendering of municipal support on Financial matters;
- The rendering of municipal support on Corporate Services matters;
- Providing support to local municipalities on Land and Human settlement matters;
- The rendering of municipal support on technical (Engineering) matters;
- The administration of Planning and Implementation Management Support Systems (PIMSS) to local municipalities
- Providing support on Information Technology needs within the local municipalities.
3. Communication Unit
- Ensuring a 2-way flow of information between ADM and communities; to promote ADM’s programmes as reflected in its IDB/Budget; to convey to management the perceptions, needs and attitudes of communities;
- To inform management of best communications practice;
- Crisis communications and reputation management;
- Communications research and environmental analyses.
- Development of communication strategies and policies;
- Media liaison;
- Community/public participation;
- Customer Care;
- Marketing the institution as a tourism/heritage and investment destination;
- Website Development and Content management.
- Providing communication support to ADM Dept, LMs and other government spheres.
4. Planning Monitoring & Evaluation
PURPOSE: TO SUPPORT, MANAGE AND DIRECT THE DEVELOPMENT AND EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT PLAN AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF ADM.
- Coordinate the development and review of the Integrated Development Plan;
- Coordinate the development and review of the Performance Management Framework ;
- Coordinate the development the of the Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan;
- Coordinate the development of the Annual Report;
- Coordinate Sector Plan development and review;
- Ensure IDP, Budget and SDBIP alignment;
- Ensure vertical and horizontal alignment of development planning;
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of performance, quarterly and annually;
- Ensure compliance with IDP and PMS relevant legal requirements.